Womb Service offers a clean and respectful preparation using the your choice of ‘basic heated’ or ‘raw’ method of placenta encapsulation. In the basic heated method of placenta encapsulation, your placenta is cleaned, steamed, dried, ground, and placed into capsule form. The raw method of encapsulation skips the steaming process. The capsules are tasteless and odorless, thereby making placenta encapsulation a simple and pleasant way to derive the placenta nutrients.
Some benefits of placenta encapsulation are:
- replenishes depleted nutrients like Iron and B vitamins
- balances hormones
- reduces or eliminates the ‘baby blues’
- provides increased energy
- increases breast milk production
- lessens postpartum bleeding
- speeds postpartum recovery
- helps uterine involution (shrinking)
The placenta is composed of healing chemicals. The known ingredients that give the placenta its healing properties are:
- Prolactin: promotes healthy milk production
- Oxytocin: “the love hormone”, creates feelings of bonding, happiness, and elation
- Thyroid stimulating hormone: boosts energy and aids recovery from stressful events
- Cortisone: combats stress and unlocks energy stores (cortisol)
- Interferon: stimulates the immune system to protect against infections
- Prostaglandins: anti-inflammatory for quicker healing
- Hemoglobin: prevents iron deficiency and anemia, stimulates iron production in the blood
- Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
- Gammaglobulin: immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections.
Basic Placenta Encapsulation Package $300
- Prenatal ‘meeting’ to answer your questions about placenta encapsulation (phone, Skype or in person)
- Phone support during your pregnancy as questions or concerns come up
- “On call” pick up of your placenta within hours of your birth
- Preparation of your placenta tailored to suit your needs and preferences (described below in detail)
- Delivery of your placenta capsules, usually within 24 hours of birth
- An umbilical cord keepsake
- Photos and/or “video tour” of your placenta
- Canvas Art Print
- Placenta Tincture(s)
- Raw Placenta Preparation for Smoothies
Description of placenta encapsulation services:
Placenta Capsules (basic encapsulation package)
Placenta capsules are a little easier for some moms to “stomach” than eating it raw. For the ‘basic heated’ method, your placenta is cleaned, steamed, dehydrated, ground up and put into capsules for easy consumption. Most placentas average about 130-180 capsules (size 0) which should last approximately 2-6 months depending on how you feel. The number of pills you will receive depends on the size of your placenta. Generally, the more your baby weighs, the bigger your placenta will be. A 11 pound baby’s placenta recently produced 247 capsules! Placenta pills are best used during the first year after you’ve given birth.
Umbilical Cord Keepsake (included in basic encapsulation package)
Baby’s umbilical cord is dehydrated and preserved as a reminder of those first days. It is made into the shape of a spiral or a heart depending on mom’s preference and cord length. It is an everlasting symbol of the physical connection a mother had with her child. Cord keepsake is delivered with your capsules.
Photos and/or Video of your Placenta (included in basic encapsulation package)
Chances are, you will not get to spend much time looking at your placenta after the birth because you will have your newborn baby in your arms! This option allows you to go back and look at photos and/or video of your placenta, the amazing organ that nourished your baby for all those months in utero. Curious about the size, shape and vein structure of your unique “tree of life”? Every placenta is different!
Placenta Print on Canvas ($20 optional add-on with encapsulation)
Your baby’s very own “tree of life” as art. Your placenta is printed with the natural placenta blood on quality artist’s canvas. Some families frame them and display their prints as art or others choose to save them as personal keepsakes. Canvas is sprayed with a sealant to preserve and protect. Canvas is wrapped and delivered with your capsules.
Tincture ($35 for one/ $45 for two optional add-on with encapsulation)
Tinctures can be used for years for hormone stabilization, energy, transition and stress. They are a great option to stretch out the the benefits of your placenta when your pills run out. The tincture takes 6 weeks to be made so it is not available immediately after the birth like the placenta pills are. You can use it to boost your milk supply, when your menstrual cycle returns after the birth as well when you are weaning, menopause or other occasions of hormonal transition. Tinctures have an indefinite shelf life. Each tincture is 4oz. Delivery or shipment of your tincture(s) is included in this price.
Raw Placenta Chunks for Smoothies (FREE add-on with encapsulation)
Just as with food, eating the placenta raw gives your body great benefits. The body reacts to them faster than ingesting capsules. You will receive enough to make smoothies for 3 days (2 per day). The placenta does not change the flavor of your favorite smoothie. Suggestions for perfect postpartum smoothies available! Please note, I do not not make the smoothie for you. I only clean and prepare the portions for you (or someone else) to make the smoothie.
I kindly request that you make your reservation before 37 weeks to ensure availability on my calendar.
PLEASE NOTE: The information on this page has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The services I offer are not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose or treat any condition. Families who choose to utilize the services on this page take full responsibility for using the remedies at their own risk.
***Providing Placenta Encapsulation in San Diego county, Point Loma, La Jolla, Hillcrest, Kensington, Talmadge, Del Cerro, La Mesa, Clairemont, Linda Vista, Ocean Beach, Sunset Cliffs, Pacific Beach, Torrey Pines, Del Mar, Solona Beach, Rancho Sante Fe, Encinitas, Escondido, Bird Rock, Little Italy, Poway, Rancho Penasquitos, Vista, San Marcos, Ramona, Julian, Fallbrook, El Cajon, Santee, Oceanside, La Costa, Leucadia, Carlsbad, Miramar, Camp Pendleton, Chula Vista, Eastlake, Otay Lakes, Rancho San Diego, Mission Hills, Spring Valley, Normal Heights, North Park , South Park, Balboa Park, Mission Beach, Crown Point, Mount Soledad, Bay Ho, University City, UTC, University Heights, Old Town, Downtown, 4S Ranch, Mira Mesa, Sorrento Valley, Carmel Valley***